Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Put in my place

These past few days, I’ve been going through some family drama. The same old stuff: Expectations and miscommunication. Since I’d become close with a particular friend, I thought I could talk to him about it. Let’s temporarily call him N. Nice and vague.

So, I call N and I’m trying to tell him that I need to talk about a serious topic, but something comes up and he said he’d call me back “right away”. This “right away” was said 4 hours ago. I think his important matter involved cable TV or internet. I’m not quite sure. It’s probably a very legitimately good reason for him to cut me off. But, alas, I’ve been firmly put in my place.

Such is life.

Today’s method of coping is cleaning. Again. I’m turning into the little housewife these days. Maybe next time I’ll take up knitting or baking to make more of a mess. The house is getting too clean. It’s very unlike me.

After the house is spotless and I’ve fully domesticated myself, I’ll look up that hash run thing Nic’s been recommending. I’m sorry, Nic, I’m just that lazy.

Ironically, now I’m more upset about being unimportant and less about family drama! I’m so weird.

In sadder and more important sad news, my very good friend S is going through a horrible breakup. S was the captain of my emergency breakup trauma team, so it’s really hard to see him depressed. It’s especially sad because I’ve met his ex, and she was incredibly nice to everyone. In fact, S was ready to marry her. I really want to help S through this time, but I really don’t know how to help a guy through a breakup. Girls I can relate to. Guys are more silent in their grief. He is exactly the same… but off. I wish I could do something.

Now I’ve just succeeded in further depressing myself. Time to continue cleaning.

6 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 02:44:00 AM, Blogger Galactichero said...

Clean my house. I never do (which shocks the shit out of people). I need to get the work I need to get done, done. Soon. It's driving me crazy.

 
At 9/28/2006 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Nic said...

it's good you're being clean - after learning about all the hell that can happen to you with the normal bacteria that lives in your skin going haywire... i clean even when i don't have time

and it's only week 3...

i'm going to be a hemophob in a couple more days!!! EEK!

p.s. wash your hands regularly, gross.

 
At 9/30/2006 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Mere Rhetoric said...

I hate it when people (including myself) have expectations of me, because that means that if I don't meet them I'm a disappointment.

Persevere!

And I recommend baking, because the end result is some yummy goodies. I have a good recipe for cupcakes....they are really really good....now that I am thinking of them, I want to make them... Pair up baking with some yoga or pilates and you are set!

 
At 9/30/2006 07:56:00 PM, Blogger Mere Rhetoric said...

Of if you want to be lazy, watch some korean dramas. I love how they seem to follow a set of rules. (Male lead must carry female lead by piggy-back; To ignore a phone call, take out cell phone battery; Someone has an incurable disease and/or loses eyesight; Male lead can play at least one instrument; Lots of soju shots in a street-market eatery.) I'm so obsessed with them. Need recommendations for not-sad ones??

Aja aja! Fighting!

 
At 10/01/2006 07:52:00 PM, Blogger PinkBunny said...

G-chero:

You sound busy. Envy.

Nic:

Ignorance is bliss. I know that if I started thinking about how dirty my hands are, I would be grossed out.

I am such a hemophob. I didn't know until I went to get a blood test and nearly fainted afterwards. I had always assumed that I watched enough CSI and vampire shows to be cool about blood. But apparantly seeing my own blood squirting out was more than I could handle. It was very embarrassing.

J:

Don't forget... Female leads always wait for the entire day after being stood up for another girl; Someone gets amnesia and falls for another person; The "evil" girl must threaten to kill herself; One of the leads is from a horribly poor background, usually the girl

I've gone through my Korean drama phase. They always make me cry. Even the happy ones. And sometimes I am too lazy to read subtitles. They're fun though. Fighting! (Does that mean you've watched 'Full House'? I got half way through 'Love in Harvard' and got sidetracked, even though it's quite good.)

Recently I've moved back to American TV. The new show with Matthew Perry, 'Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip', is quite good! And so is NBC's new 'Heroes'. I swore I wouldn't pick up new loves after 'Alias' ended, but I am too fickle for my own good.

 
At 10/02/2006 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Mere Rhetoric said...

I saw Full House, which I really liked, but lots of kdramas do that weird "fighting!" or "aja aja!" or combination of both...I watched Love Story in Harvard, but listening to them speak English was kind of brutal.

My Name is Kim Sam Soon is really good, very funny. My favourite is Stairway to Heaven, but it's sad and uses every single cliche. Right now I'm watching Sad Love Story (aka Sad Sonata), which has the same male lead (Kwon Sang Woo!) and is also very very tragic. Bright Girl's Success Story is kind of cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home