Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Going forwards... and backwards

Good news.  I started trying to have a life.

I went to take golf lessons last week with my mom’s urging.  I have no idea why she chose golf.  I’m not a golf person.  I’m more of a dance person.  But anyway, I went because she thought that sitting around in front of my computer all day was unhealthy.

It was interesting for a while.  But, how great can hitting a ball be?  There’s no thrill of destruction like bowling offers, no satisfaction like basketball, no anger management like tennis; it’s just endless hitting a ball with a stick.

Mind you, I might feel this way because I suck at it.  And because I was practically paralyzed with muscle pain the day after my first lesson.  Either way, I’ll give it a few more tries before I declare myself a non-golf person.

In other news, one of my guy friends finally snapped and decided to drag me out to start having a social life.  (How’d I become so anti-social anyway?)  He introduced me to about ten new people, so now I can deal with the pressure of first impressions instead of the pressure of rotting away at home.  Actually rotting is pretty pressure-less.  And pain-less.  Until fellow bloggers make me realize that I’m kind of lame.  And I’m losing my train of thought now…

New friends.  I tried pretty hard to be amusing and charming, but, alas, I’m out of shape in that department.  I can’t click with anyone.  Everyone is much more interesting than me.  So that’s bad news.  In the good news section, I have don’t have much self-respect left, so nothing’s stopping me from trying and trying.

Maybe in a few weeks, I’m going to have to declare myself the non-partying type.  These people are way too fun for me.  I’m more of the reading and watching movies type.  They’re more of the drinking and dancing type.

Why didn’t I ever get into the clubbing scene?  Is it too late to start when you’re 23?  Why do I even feel the need to belong to the clubbing scene anyway?

In total sinner news, I’ve become a teenager again.  (Or maybe I never stopped).  I find myself crushing on hot models and having grade school fantasies.  What the heck?!?!?  How old am I?  This is such horrible news.  I need to stop.

As for the wallowing, I find it so amazing that my every moment is NOT devoted to self-pity anymore.  In fact, it doesn’t cross my mind half as much as it used to.  I even stopped counting how many days of no contact I’ve been keeping up.  It somehow doesn’t matter anymore.  This is such a cool feeling.  It feels like I’m growing out of dependency.

2 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Caro said...

golf? that's funny. but good. you can play it forever. and one day when you are working your way up the corporate ladder, you can beat your boss at it. or pretend to lose, whatever suits you best.

new friends? so good. i can't wait to have those. [haha, i sound so ridiculous by saying that.] but it's weird--my first time "out" again, i was like a fish out of water. it was so frustrating, but i got over it really quickly. and you're on your way. oh, and if 23's too late to go out and have a good time, then...then...no. it's not.

i'm proud of you, pb. ra ra ree.

 
At 4/25/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger Galactichero said...

Golf sucks. Try hockey. Or shotokan. Yeah... shotokan.

I never go out and have a good time. Hence I'm always responding to you mooks.

If you are trying to be amusing and charming, you're fucking shit up. What do you do when you have to relax, but you can't because you have to keep up the act?

So, incidentally, is this the part where I do the "I told you so," or do I let you people do that for me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home